We encourage applicants to submit photographs with their application as these can be very helpful and may be requested after an application has been registered.
If you send your application to us by post or deliver it by hand, please include two copies of the form and all supporting plans, drawings and documents.
No copies are needed when applications are submitted electronically unless size A1 or A0 plans are included, which require one complete set of plans, drawings and supporting documents in paper format.
- all plans and drawings must be presented clearly so that they can be scanned and viewed on our website. For example, faint lines and annotations that cannot be viewed clearly will not be accepted
- plans should be submitted separately – not in a binder, for example
- all file names must confirm the content of the document
- For example, a document containing proposed floor plans should include the words ‘proposed floor plans’ in its file name. Documents submitted without a relevant and accurate file name will not be accepted
- all plans, drawings and other documents should be orientated correctly so that they are the right way round when opened.
- all plans and drawings must be presented clearly so that they can be viewed on our website. For example, faint drawings and text that cannot be viewed clearly will not be accepted
- all documents and files should be submitted in PDF format
- individual files must be no larger than 10mb
- copies of applications sent on a CD will not be accepted
- applications for major developments must be accompanied by one full paper copy of all the plans and drawings for consultation purposes.