If you have overpaid your Council Tax

If you move from one property in North Somerset to another in our area, and you have overpaid your Council Tax, we will automatically transfer the overpayment to your new address.

If you move out of North Somerset and you’ve overpaid your Council Tax by direct debit, we will make a refund by BACS.

If you pay by another method, you’ll need to complete our Council Tax refund authorisation form and return it to us. You’ll need your bank details with you.

When you have completed the form, save it and send it to us using our evidence upload system.

If you have a joint Council Tax account, the refund may need to be split and sent to different bank accounts.