Everywhere in the open air in North Somerset, where the general public is allowed to be, is subject to a public space protection order. This includes places where the public have to pay to enter.
This order states that you must:
- pick up the poo of any dog(s) that you are in charge of
- carry and produce a bag to pick up dog faeces when asked to do so
- put a dog on a lead when required to do so
- not leave litter
- not urinate or defecate anywhere other than a public toilet
- not trade on public property without permission
- stop consuming alcohol or drugs when asked to do so
- surrender alcohol or drugs when asked to do so
- stop playing music or instruments when asked to do so
- not to use a vehicle in a manner likely to cause harassment, alarm, distress or a public nuisance
- abide by the pedlars code of conduct
Anyone who fails to comply, without reasonable excuse, is in breach unless specific exemptions apply within the order.