We want all of our public facing services to be safe and welcoming places for service users, visitors, and staff.
The Council operates a zero-tolerance policy in relation to any violent, aggressive, or threatening behaviour towards
- our staff
- anyone in our buildings or on our premises, which also includes
- other service users
- young people
All our council properties including libraries, children’s centres, council offices, recycling and leisure centres are subject to a Public Space Protection Order.
This order requires that in our buildings or premises you must not:
- cause damage to property
- behave in an intimidating, disorderly, or indecent manner
- use offensive, intimidating, or abusive language
- intentionally or recklessly cause or do anything likely to cause injury to anyone
- fail to leave the property or premises when requested to do so by a member of staff.
- fail to follow site or staff instructions
- display or distribute any flyers, placards, or notices without permission
- intentionally view offensive and inappropriate material
- sell, seek donations/signatures, or canvass without permission
- smoke (including e-cigarettes)
- bring dogs (unless they are assistance dogs)
- bring wheeled vehicles or conveyance other than those used for people with limited mobility