A street scene is a view that depicts the buildings and layout of the street surrounding the property in question. They are normally required for works that will be visible from the road.
This applies in particular to new buildings or large side extensions that will be near to a boundary/neighbouring building, or where there is a notable difference in heights between the proposed works and neighbouring dwellings/buildings.
Street scenes should:
- show a scale bar or a measured dimension
- be of a scale of 1:100 or 1:200
- as a minimum, accurately show the height and outline of neighbouring dwellings/buildings and the position and size of windows/doors
- accurately show any differences in levels
- include written dimensions for gaps between buildings