If you have a property in North Somerset that you’d like to rent out, we can give you help and support and help you find tenants.
Help renting out a property
Our free service
We offer a completely free service to help find you a suitable tenant for your property.
As well as finding you a tenant, we can also offer you:
- tenancy inspections carried out for up to 12 months of the tenancy
- a free health and safety check to ensure your property complies with rental regulations
- a free tenancy agreement and help with the sign-up – this is the legal document that shows both yours and the tenant’s responsibilities
- if the council has provided a valid bond agreement, we will carry out all exit inspections
- financial bonds to cover any potential damage or rent arrears (if required)
- a fast-track service for discretionary housing payments
- free advice on tenancy issues and good lettings practice
- a dedicated lettings officer to offer support for both the tenant and the landlord
- financial assistance on becoming a member of the NRLA (National Residential Landlords Association)
“We were very pleased and appreciative of the help which your Lettings Team gave us by searching for, and finding, suitable tenants for two of our properties.
You were also helpful in preparing the contracts for both us and our tenants, checking references etc. We will certainly be asking and will certainly recommend you to all of our friends. Five Stars!"
What happens next
The first thing we’ll need to talk to you about is whether the scheme is right for you. We’ll also talk to you about the property that you’ve got to let and the type of tenant that you’d like to find.
Then we’ll arrange to visit the property to check your safety certificates, look at the general condition of your property and talk to you about your responsibilities as a landlord.
Next, we’ll introduce you to a potential tenant and then, if you’re happy, we’ll carry out a health and safety check on the property. When the property has passed the check, we’ll arrange for the tenant to sign up to a tenancy agreement with you.
We’ll give you a copy of the tenancy agreement. If required, we’ll also give you full written details of the agreed bond, if a bond is issued.
You’ll receive ongoing support and advice for maintaining the tenancy.
If you’re interested in our lettings service, contact our lettings team.