Help for landlords and letting out homes

Renting out properties

If you have a property in North Somerset that you’d like to rent out, we can give you information and advice as well as help you find tenants

Multiple occupation

If you are renting out a property which is classed as a house in multiple occupation, find out if you need a licence

Energy Performance Certificates

Find out what Energy Performance Certificates are and why you need one

Advice for landlords

Information on houses in multiple occupation, and the West of England landlord manual and rental standards

Safety legislation

A list of the major housing legislation in effect in the UK, including acts and regulations on fire, electricity, eviction and harassment

Supported lodgings

If you have a room to rent and can offer advice to help build a young person’s confidence, you may be interested in the supported lodgings scheme

Health and safety rating system

The housing health and safety rating system helps identify and protect against possible risks caused by deficiencies in the home

Empty homes review

We are working with CapacityGrid, a specialist public sector service provider, to conduct a review of empty properties in North Somerset

Home safety

Information about home safety for your tenants including fire safety and mould