The dementia roadmap is designed for doctors and nurses but is also useful for people with dementia, their families, and friends.
It explains the dementia journey providing:
- an understanding of dementia
- an understanding of the diagnostic process
- information on services available
- details about support groups
- the care options available for people with dementia and carers
Severn Day Centre
If you have been diagnosed with dementia, or are awaiting a diagnosis, help is available from the Severn Day Centre in Weston-super-Mare. The centre is open Monday to Friday and also helps carers.
We offer day care services to people with dementia. Our aim is to:
- maintain their interests and hobbies
- provide support in daily activities
- provide a safe and supportive environment to talk about how they feel
Our priority is to keep people with dementia ‘doing’ rather than just being entertained. The most important part of our service is that we recognise everyone is an individual and our support should reflect what they need. Contact Care Connect for more information.