These examples give an indication of the types of assets which may be defined as having community value.
Assets to nominate
Sport, recreation and culture
- museums or heritage sites
- parks and open green spaces
- sports and leisure centres
- community centres
- youth centres
Health, education and community safety
- health centres, surgeries and hospitals
- day care centres, residential care homes
- nurseries and schools
- children’s centres
Any economic use which would no longer be easily available if that service stopped
- village shops
A full list of exemptions and definitions are listed in The Assets of Community Value (England) Regulations 2012.