Premises licence

You need this licence if you are providing regulated entertainment, selling alcohol or late-night refreshments.

Regulated entertainment is entertainment that takes place in front of an audience.

New applications must include

  • an operating schedule
  • a plan of the premises
  • a form of consent from the premises supervisor (when the sale of alcohol will be a licensable activity)

Applicants will be required to advertise their application and to give a copy to all the named responsible authorities.

You must be over 18 years of age to apply.

Help and advice

We offer a pre-application advice service to applicants who require guidance through the process. However, this does not pre-determine the outcome of any application.

Once granted, licences may be varied, transferred or reviewed.

For failed applications, consumer complaints or other issues, contact the licensing team through the information below. 

licensing team

Licensing, Town Hall, Walliscote Grove Road, Weston-super-Mare, BS23 1UJ

If you have not heard from us within 42 days you will be able to carry on as though your application has been granted.


Fees are payable on applications relating to premises licences. The fee for a licence is determined by the rateable value of the premises.

There is no fee payable when only regulated entertainment is being provided in schools or community buildings.