There are different types of childcare to suit different needs.
Think about what you want and need from childcare and what would best suit your needs. For example:
- do you need childcare in the evening, early morning or at the weekend?
- will you need additional childcare for school age children during school holidays?
- what times will you need childcare for?
- where do you want your childcare to be – near your workplace, home, place of study or near your child’s school?
- what sort of environment will be best for your child – someone else’s home, a shared building or a purpose-built facility?
Many parents can find suitable childcare as soon as they need it, but for others it may take some time before you can find somewhere that suits both your own and your child's needs.
All childcare settings for children under five have to follow the government's Early Years Foundation Stage (EYFS)