We commission AMS Electrical to provide a handy person service to help people live independently and safely in their own homes.
The service is available to anyone aged 60 or over or anyone with a disability who is unable to carry out the work themselves.
The handy person service can carry out a range of home improvement, adaption, maintenance and repair works including:
- small plumbing jobs
- small electrical works
- carpentry jobs, for example easing doors, windows, securing boards
- securing or fitting carpets (primarily to address health & safety issues)
- repairs to walls, plaster, render, pointing up to 2m²
- securing or repairing paving slabs and paths
- cleaning and clearing paths for access
- health and safety works
- energy efficiency works
- security improvements
- fitting internal and external grab rails, banisters and bed rails
- access issues and door entry
- clearing gutters, gullies and surface water drains (not above the first-floor level)
- fitting bed and chair raisers
- fitting external door and window locks, door chains and other home security products
- fitting key safes
- checking insulation
- fitting smoke alarms, carbon monoxide alarms and low energy light bulbs
- clearing garden areas and access routes which might otherwise create an access issue or potential health and safety or security risk
- other minor repairs and improvements internally and externally
The cost of the service is £15.60 per hour (including VAT), with a maximum of three hours per visit and a maximum total of six hours a year.
How to book
To book a handy person contact AMS Electrical.