Hong Kong British nationals

The UK government has introduced a new immigration route for Hong Kong British National (Overseas) status holders, providing the opportunity for them and their family members to live, work and study in the UK.

If you’re from Hong Kong and are a British national (overseas) you and your family members can apply for a British National (Overseas) visa. This is known as a BNO visa.

The Government has produced a guide for Hong Kong British National (Overseas) visa holders, which provides guidance on issues including careers, education, housing, learning English and healthcare.

More information