Other licences and permits

Environmental permits

Apply for a permit if your business affects the environment, for example combustion, timber and mineral processing, animal and plant treatment and oil extraction

Places of worship, marriage and civil partnership

How to certify a meeting place for religious worship and how to apply for a venue licence to conduct weddings and civil partnership ceremonies

Land drainage consent

Where to get permission to carry out work that will affect the flow of a watercourse or river

Knightstone slipway and harbour

Our regulations for using Knightstone slipway and where to get a permit

Scrap metal

How to get a licence if you want to run a scrap metal business


Our rules for flying drones in North Somerset and how to register with the Civil Aviation Authority

Cooling towers and evaporative condensers

Register a cooling tower or evaporative condenser if your business uses one to remove excess heat