In addition to the mandatory energy support for bands A to D properties, the government has provided limited funding to councils to operate a discretionary energy rebate fund for households in financial need who would not otherwise be eligible for the energy rebate. This relates to households in Council Tax bands E to H, and some households in bands A to D that did not fit into the main scheme criteria.
The discretionary policy has been designed to ensure that residents that fall outside of bands A to D but are suffering financial hardship will also receive an energy support payment.
A payment of £150 will be available to the following qualifying households:
- properties in bands E to H, if you are
- in receipt of Council Tax support
- in receipt of a student exemption
- severely mentally impaired
- in receipt of Carers Allowance
- a hospital inpatient
- in residential care
- part of a religious community
- properties in bands F to H and in receipt of Disabled Band Relief
In these scenarios we will be making an automatic payment directly to your bank account if you are a direct debit payer, or sending an invitation to apply and provide your bank account details if you are not a direct debit payer.